Margaret is a landscape artist. She studied textile art and design at Sheridan College and the Ontario College of Art and is a certified teacher with the Embroiderers’ Association of Canada. She teaches workshops to EAC guilds, quilt guilds, colleges and privately. Her book, Window Gardens in Bloom, C&T Publishers was released in 2005.
Most classes are 2 to 5 days in duration. I will accommodate all levels of experience.
- Fabric painting techniques for landscape or backgrounds
- Hand embroidery techniques for landscape
- Meadow landscape
- Spring floral garden
- Silk embroidered wild rose with dragonflies
- Wild flower sampler or garden sampler
- Window sill garden
- Crazy patchwork techniques and stitches
- Picket Fence Garden
2- to 3-Day Classes
- Starting with one stitch – explorations in embroidery
4- to 5-Day Classes
- Shoreline theme landscapes
- Field and Meadow landscape theme
- Home and garden landscape theme
- Window gardens in bloom theme
- Botanical study theme
- Illustration in Embroidery
I also teach many 3-hour workshops for needlearts shows. For more detailed information, go to my website.
I also have on online course – Meadow Landscape – offered through CraftArtEdu.
- $400 per day for teaching
- $250.00 for slide/trunk show
- Mileage fee $.50/km