email@example.com | (T) 613-230-7850 | (C) 613-790-3482 | www.vanterve.ca
Affliated with: Embroiderers’ Association of Canada.
Margaret is a landscape artist. She studied textile art and design at Sheridan College and the Ontario College of Art and is a certified teacher with the Embroiderers’ Association of Canada, with whom she is an active correspondence instructor. She teaches workshops to EAC guilds, quilt guilds, colleges and privately. Her book, Window Gardens in Bloom, C&T Publishers was released in 2005.
Most classes are 2 to 5 days in duration. I will accommodate all levels of experience.
- Fabric painting techniques for landscape or backgrounds
- Hand embroidery techniques for landscape
- Meadow landscape
- Spring floral garden
- Silk embroidered wild rose with dragonflies
- Wild flower sampler or garden sampler
- Window sill garden
- Crazy patchwork techniques and stitches
- Picket Fence Garden
2- to 3-Day Classes
- Starting with one stitch – explorations in embroidery
4- to 5-Day Classes
- Shoreline theme landscapes
- Field and Meadow landscape theme
- Home and garden landscape theme
- Window gardens in bloom theme
- Botanical study theme
- Illustration in Embroidery
I also teach many 3-hour workshops for needlearts shows. For more detailed information, go to my website.
- $400 per day for teaching
- $250.00 for slide/trunk show
- Mileage fee $.50/km