Kingston, Ontario | Updated: January 5, 2015
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
bethanygarner.blogspot.com | www.fibreworkskingston.blogspot.com
tel: 613-376-6150 | text messaging: 613-893-0529
FIBREWORKS Kingston, owner/coordinator
Also proudly participates with CONNECTIONS Fibre Artists, Kingston Fibre Artists; and as Central Canada Regional Co-Representative, Studio Arts Quilt Associates (SAQA); and member, Surface Design Association
As a professor, Fine Arts-Textile Design at St. Lawrence College, Bethany brings over 20 years of surface design and fibre arts experience to program/course development at the college and instructs eight of the ten required courses. The Textile Design Diploma Program at SLC is one of only three graduate programs in Canada. She is actively involved in the promotion of local and distance courses, offering her teaching skills across Canada and the U.S.
Bethany is an accomplished quilter and stitch instructor, lending her skills as a Certified Quilt Judge to organizations in Canada and the U.S. She has served as a quilt restoration consultant and specializes in the specialized conservation of heritage textiles. Bethany has exhibited her artwork in exhibitions across Ontario, Canada and the U.S.
Courses include multiple design and hands-on applications in:
- surface technique
- stitch, dye, paint and screen printing
- colour theory and studies
- free form/intuitive stitch technique
- $450 per day for a 6-hour class, plus reimbursement of all actual return travel expenses with receipts at the end of the workshop day.
- Two-day courses are $800
- Five-day retreat/group based program courses are $1,750, plus actual expenses including printing, handouts, supplies provided.
- As a courtesy, a one hour lecture is included in all multiple-day courses.
- Courses may be arranged as 1-5 days in duration.
- All levels of experience welcomed in courses, customized to meet the needs of the group. Beth is happy to design a course specifically for a group/guild.
- Both hand- and machine-skills are supported with exciting new techniques that are contemporary and/or linked to the past, as Beth supports the reproduction of heritage textiles as requested.
- Lecture/ trunk show: $ 200 (1-2 hours in length)
- The Guild/Group may request a kit/materials fee to be paid by individual students directly to the Instructor.
- Additional fees for evening activities/instruction may be added.
- Accommodation before and after the course is required if the instructor is travelling from a distance.
I am pleased to accept accommodation as a billet. Linking your group’s workshop to that of others in the area at the same time to cut down on travel costs is welcome and your group will benefit.
NOTE: Cancellation confirmation is required no less than 30 days prior to the workshop to avoid billing for the entire course. And expenses incurred by the Instructor prior to the 30 day notice is billed and reimbursable.