BARBARA M. KERSHAW
email@example.com | 905-440-4468 | Courtice, Ontario
- Embroiderers’ Guild of America (EGA), Life Member
- Embroiderers’ Association of Canada
- Toronto Guild of Stitchery
- Trillium Embroidery Guild
- Orange County Chapter, CA (EGA)
- Examplary Needle Guild, Buffalo
Barbara has a passion for whitework. A passion for learning and sharing her knowledge about the many varied and wonderful forms of embroidery generally called whitework. She has taken many courses and classes from the EAC, EGA and the American Needlepoint Guild (ANG).
Barbara is certified as an EGA Master Craftsman in counted thread. She also studied in Germany at the Museum de Schwalm in 2005 and 2011.
She has been teaching for over 25 years at various OLDS Workshops, EAC National Seminars, EGA National and Regional Seminars, the National Seminar for SAGA (the Smocking Arts Guild of America) and guilds in Canada, America and Bermuda.
Barbara is the author of both the Hems and Edges Technical Study Course for EAC, four EGA GCC’s – the pulled thread “Symphony”, Punto Antico “Fandango”, Casalguidi “Mythical Myrtle” and “Noel” an Intermediate Schwalm embroidery GCC, the “Basic Study of Schwalm Embroidery” ICC for EGA as well as a book of Schwalm filling stitches called “Exquisite Schwalm”.
- Drawn thread (Italian drawn thread, punto antico)
- Pulled thread
- Hem stitching
- $400 per day (2020) plus expenses (all travel, meals and accommodation), etc.