firstname.lastname@example.org | 416-546-1351 | www.artfuldreamer.blogspot.com
Affiliated with York Heritage Quilters Guild and Toronto Bead Society
Anne Marie is an artist with a passion for techniques and a love of fibre, paper, beads, recycling and found objects.
A self-taught artist, who credits her current direction to a combination of early exposure to fabrics as a child, art classes, books, the internet and a generous sharing of information, from many talented fibre and bead artists, both in-person and over the internet.
Robin Atkins’, on-line Bead Journal Project, from 2008 to the present, continues to play a heavy role in the direction of Anne Marie’s current work. She is a curious and intuitive fibre artist, with a serious magpie mentality, who excels in the blending of techniques and materials. Serendipity, colour, nature, family, friends, recycling and visual journaling, are the threads that tie her work together.
- intuitive bead embroidery
- beaded art dolls
- serendipity landscapes (painted and free motion stitched)
- free motion machine embroidery
- tiny pieces of art (mixed media inchies, artist trading cards and postcards)
- inchie charm bracelet
- fibre and mixed media collage
- paper, fabric and mixed media vessels
- fabric paper
Classes, from one to five days, can be tailored to the needs of the individual guilds.
- Workshop – $ 350 per 6-hour day (plus kit fees, travel and accommodations, if applicable), for a 1-2 day workshop.
- Fees for longer sessions are negotiable.
- Trunk Show: – $ 250
- Is available to travel outside of Southwestern Ontario, upon request.
- Willing to be billeted, when necessary.
- Teaches regularly at BeadFX in Toronto
- 2015 – Canadian Embroiders’ Guild Guelph – Intuitive Bead Embroidery
- 2014 – Pomegranate Guild of Judaic Textiles – lecture/mini-workshop – beaded self- portraits (combination of intuitive bead embroidery and other elements)
- 2011 – Southampton Art School, Southampton, ON – Introduction to Fibre Art – 3-day course (with Deborah Milton)
Additional presentations: Oakville Stitchery Guild, East Toronto Quilt Guild, Yorkshire Rose Quilt Guild, Pomegranate Guild of Judaic Textiles