3rd Monday of the month
7:00 to 9:00 pm
Helen Gordon, ONN Representative
- September 2018: Just a quick note from Out of the Box in Ottawa.
We have a full slate of exhibitions scheduled, starting with our show at the Stittsville Library in December with the theme “My Favourite Quote”. Our Annual Fibre Fling will be held in April, and this year we have a special exhibition for 2 weeks in June at the Mississippi Textile Museum which will marry 2 challenges of “Connected by a Thread” and “Summer Fibrations”, a Colour Challenge.
Guest speakers or meeting themes have been lined up, playdates are set, and workshops organized.
- Jan. 15, 2018: Nancy Garrard and Karen Samanski will give a talk about their trip and experience at the Knitting and Stitching show in London, England. Members’ show and tell their artwork.
- Feb.19, 2018: SAQA Trunk Show will stop in Ottawa, it’s our only chance to see the show before it is put on display in Nova Scotia. Fibre Fling 7 briefing by Chair, Debra Boyd-Chisholm. Members will show and tell their artwork.
- March 19 To be confirmed..
- April 16 Esther Bryan will talk about the history of the Quilt of Belonging.