- Embroiderers’ Association of Canada
- Ontario Network of Needleworkers
- Quinte Needlearts Guild, Belleville
- Cataraqui Guild of Needle Arts, Kingston
Christine Allan’s passion has always evolved around textiles. She graduated from LaSalle College in Montreal with a degree in Fashion Design and taught there for several years.
For over ten years, Christine owned and operated her own dressmaking business. In 2007 however, she was introduced to Swedish Weaving and fell in love with this art form. Then in 2009 she opened Christine’s Swedish Weaving and closed the Dressmaking business and has not looked back since. Being the only Swedish Weaving Designer in Canada has been a challenge but so rewarding!
Christine is a pattern designer, teacher/demonstrator. She wholesales and retails her books and patterns along with notions and the Monk’s Cloth (by yard).
Christine as been featured in the magazine A Needle Pulling Thread over the years and has taught at the CreativFestival on and off for years as well.
She also has put on a few “Weave In Day” events in Belleville and Oshawa. She is open to taking it on the road.
- Classes with prepared complete kits
- Demonstrations/Trunk shows
- Can be discussed depending on the size of class and location.
- The kits can be tailored to the class.
- All travel expenses including millage will be invoiced with the class fees to be paid by the end of the class.